Walkthrough Using BizTalk Deployment Framework (BTDF) – 2 (Using Environment Specific Binding Files)
This is in continuation to my previous post on Walkthrough Using BizTalk Deployment Framework (BTDF) 1
In this post, I am going to show how to use different binding files specific to different Environments.
1. I am going to use the same BizTalk Example I created in step 2 of previous post.
2. Open the SettingsFileGenerator.xml (come when you add BTDF project to BizTalk) using Microsoft Excel.
3. Add all the important Configuration values like Port Names, Port Locations, Host Names in the Excel sheet. Add the name in Column A and the Corresponding values for different environments in Columns B, C, D, E, F
4. Completed excel sheet will be like below.
5. Now open PortBindingsMaster.xml file which will hold the Binding File.
6. For the settings defined in Step4, replace the corresponding hardcode values with placeholders.
10. Start installing the MSI file as usual. At last check the checkbox and click Finish.
11. This will start the deployment process in BizTalk.
13. This will replace the entire place holders in your PortBindingsMaster.xml with the corresponding Environment values that you specified in SettingsFileGenerator.xml (step 3 above).
14. Complete the deployment Process. (Note: You can edit the SettingsFileGenerator.xml any time before deploying the Application to BizTalk. Not necessary to edit before generating MSI file. )
Hope this helps