Walkthrough Using BizTalk Deployment Framework (BTDF) – 3 Deploying Virtual Directories
In this post I am going to show to how to deploy virtual directories (formed when you expose Orchestration / Schemas as Web/WCF Service) using BTDF.
1. I am going to use a simple BizTalk Project with two schemas, a map between the two, and an orchestration that transforms the message.
4. Now, while generating the MSI file, I should include this virtual directory as well in order to do a successful deployment in QA & Production.
5. To do that, I am going modify my BTDF Deployment.btdfproj file. First I am going to include the below property group.
6. Right click the virtual directory and Click Explore.
7. This will open the folder containing the Virtual Directory. Copy this physical folder and make it as a part of my project folders.
8. In the BTDF Deployment.btdfproj file add a new item group to include this Virtual Directory as a part of my MSI File.
9. Ensure that you have set a proper Binding file in PortBindingsMaster.xml. Generate the MSI file and start installing the file.
10. While installing you might encounter an error like below.
11. In such a case open InstallWizard.xml file from you BTDF Project and add the below step.
12. This step will prompt the user for a User Name and Password to be set while creating the AppPool.
13. Now either regenerate the MSI file & reinstall the application or simply replace the already existing InstallWizard.xml file from your installation directory (c:\Program Files\Your BizTalk Application Directory of step 9 above).
14. Now try to redeploy the BizTalk Application.
15. This time, the application should install successfully.
Hope this gives you an idea on deploying Virtual Directories using BTDF.
No comments yet.
About This Blog
This blog will have some of the Very Useful Concepts & Common Errors encountered in BizTalk Server Development and Maintenance.
The ideas & solutions posted in this blog may not always be a perfect solution.Obviously it is not possible for every one to master on every thing. There are some things which are learnt through experience and some things by research. I will post all possible references wherever applicable.
This is my personal blog and the ideas, thoughts, solutions mentioned here will be mine and no where related to my Employer.
- Walkthrough Using BizTalk Deployment Framework (BTDF)
- Part 1: ESB ToolKit Itineraries
- All you need to know about Outbound EDI Batching - (BTS 2010 only)
- Indetail About Atomic Scope / Transactions in BizTalk Server
- Walkthrough Using BizTalk Deployment Framework (BTDF) – 2 (Using Environment Specific Binding Files)
- SSIS: Connecting to Oracle using Attunity Connector
- How to check if promoted property value exists before using it? (or) Using Exists Function in BizTalk (or) Missing Property Exception
- Schema Versioning in BizTalk Server
- Walkthrough using BizTalk HL7 Accelerator, Schemas and MLLP Adapter
- Condition based String Concatenation
- 363,069 hits
Unique Visitor Hits
add parameters Admin Console alternative design atomic scope Auto Linking Auto Mapping BAM Portal biztalk BizTalk 2010 BizTalk 2013 BizTalk Deployment Error BizTalk File Adapters BizTalk Mapper BizTalk Orchestrati BizTalk Server Config File biztalk server cross referencing bts_CleanupMsgbox Build Action Call Rules Shape Catching SOAP Faults change the Output file name Convert to Excel Convert to HTML Could not connect to TFS Could not load file or assembly EnvDTE cross reference functoids Custom Headers Debugging Orchestrations Deployment Documentation download visual studio download visual studio SP1 download windows server 2003 dtasp_CleanHMData Envelope Schema etw External assembly not updated get common id get common value id cross reference Install BizTalk Server 2009 Learn BizTalk Server Maps new BizTalk projects non-serializable Object reference not set to an instance of an object orchestration Post Deployment Scripts Post Processing Scripts Pre Deployment Scripts Pre Processing Scripts Project Creation Failed Project Reference Errors publishing orchestration publishing schema redistributable CAB file Reset BizTalk Reset Visual Studio REST restful service Schema not found Scripting Functoids Scripts serializable Splitting XML SQL Receive The directory name is invalid TOM TREE GENERATOR unittesting of schemas value cross reference Views Views not shown wcf WCF Service WCF Service Consuming Wizard
Site infoBizTalk Server Tutorial
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.